Sunday, July 5, 2009

Potter Down

Well all I can say about Thursday is that it’s a good thing we had nothing planned as I woke up with the worst sore throat ever. Things grew rapidly worse and I spent the better part of the day in bed with a fever feeling sure I was about to die. I was also hit with severe nausea and dizziness and a brutal headache. I have no idea what everyone else did that day. I started to recover later in the day and made it to the couch in the living room where I was able to watch the news.

I probably should have skipped the news however as it was a story on how England has been hit hard by the Swine Flu. Currently there are over 7500 cases, mostly in the North, but London had also been hit by an outbreak recently. ‘Hmmmm’ I thought.

A couple of days later I was not that happy to read an article in a UK paper that clearly laid out the symptoms for Swine Flu: fever, sore throat, very sudden onset, intensity of symptoms, nausea and vomiting can be present, severe headache. The report then stated that many people who catch the dreaded H1N1 virus have a sudden severe or mild case that can only last a few hours, or it can stretch out for days. They also made a point of saying that those members of the population in the 30-50 age bracket seem to be more susceptible,

So I’ll leave you with those facts and in the absence of someone to test my blood for antibodies, will make no definitive statements as to whether or not I have had the Swine Flu. I will instead leave you with some pictures of the idyllic grounds of our cottage. Next stop: Paris!

 DSC03651DSC03653DSC03897DSC03888DSC03675 DSC03677

No comments:

Post a Comment